Girish Maruti Ernak Bio & Stats
Girish is an Indian kabaddi player who currently represents Gujarat Fortune Giants in the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League. He is well-known for his dashing appearance. In season 5 of the PKL, Girish spearheaded the Puneri Paltan defense and helped India win gold in the 2018 Kabaddi Masters in Dubai. Let’s deep dive into Girish Maruti Ernak Biography.
|Name||Girish Maruti Ernak|
|Date of Birth||22/12/1990|
|Age (As in 2022)||32|
|Pro Kabaddi Debut||2014|
|Team’s Played||Patna Pirates / Bengal Warriors / Puneri Paltan / Gujarat Giants|
|Favorite Signature Move||Dash|
|Government Job||Works at BPCL|
|Father’s name||Maruti Ernak|
|Wife name||Chetna Ernak|
|Hobbies||Gyming, Swimming, Travelling|
|Net Worth (2022)||5-6 crore Approximately|
Early Life and Family Background
Girish was born on December 22, 1992, into a middle-class family in Kalyan, Thane district, Mumbai, India. He had no intention of making a full-time career out of any sport, but he prepared for it on the advice of his school’s sports coach because of his well-kept physique. His defense skills astounded everyone, and he quickly rose to prominence in his school. He mastered the sport in a short period, but he struggled financially to get trained with the proper equipment and eat a balanced diet.
To pay for kabaddi, he started selling newspapers and working in low-wage jobs. By practicing every day, he represented his school in inter-school and district competitions. He got chosen for Maharashtra’s senior kabaddi team after a few years. After being picked to the Patna Pirates team for the first PKL season, he rose to fame.
In the initial days, Girish faced a lot of financial issues to get trained properly with the required equipment.
- Girish was purchased by Patna Pirates for the first season of the PKL after his impressive performance at the nationals, and he remained with the team throughout the season.
- In 12 games as a beginner, he had 23 tackle points and 1 Super Tackle.
- In the second season, he had 27 tackle points in 13 games for the Pirates.
- Girish was released by the Pirates and signed by the Bengal Warriors for the third and fourth PKL seasons. In his first season with the Warriors, he had 33 tackle points and three high fives in 11 games.
- He made 25 tackle points and two Super Tackles in a 12-game stretch in the 4th season.
- He joined Puneri Paltan in the fifth season to help lead the team’s defense scoring and continued with them until the seventh PKL season.
- He collected 161 points in 58 games for Pune Paltan over three seasons, with 10 Super Tackles.
- He played the season 2021 for Gujarat Fortune Giants.
Pro Kabaddi Stats
|Season||Matches||Raid Points||Super Raids||Tackle Points||Super Tackles||Total Points|
Achievements and Awards
- 65th Senior Nationals for Maharashtra.
- 2nd most High 5 scorer in PKL 5th season.
Some Lesser Known Facts
- Girish was born and brought up in Kalyan, Maharashtra.
- He started his career with Patna Pirates and played for them for the first two seasons.
Ernak currently resides in Mumbai and his net worth is around 5-6 crore.
Social Media Handles
This is all about Girish Maruti Ernak Biography. We hope you have learned a lot about this personality by reading this post. We wish him an amazing career. Stay coordinated to this page for more updates.