Jeeva Kumar Bio & Stats
Jeeva Kumar is an Indian Kabaddi player who has recently represented Delhi Dabang in the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League. Jeeva, one of the league’s most seasoned players, spent four seasons with U Mumba and helped them win a PKL title in 2015. He was a member of the Indian squad that won gold in the 2010 Asian Games in China, where he was known for his powerful dashes and as a Super Tackle specialist. Jeeva Kumar is known for being the team’s most patient and capable defender. Let’s learn more about Jeeva Kumar Biography in detail.
|Date of Birth||01/06/1981|
|Age (As in 2022)||40|
|Hometown/Village||Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Pro Kabaddi Debut||2014|
|Team’s Played||U Mumba / U P Yoddha, Bengal Warriors / Delhi Dabang|
|Favorite Signature Move||Pushed Out (Dash)|
|Son’s name||Aadhish Jeeva Kumar & Aarush Jeeva Kumar|
|Net Worth (2022)||6 Crore Approximately|
Early Life and Family Background
Jeeva was born on January 5, 1981, in Tamil Nadu, India, to a middle-class family. As a child, he began playing kabaddi after being inspired by his village seniors. He started out playing the sport for enjoyment and representing his school in inter-school contests, but after receiving positive feedback from his opponents, he decided to make it a full-time career.
He was chosen for the state kabaddi team and wowed everyone with his defensive abilities. He was selected for the Senior National Kabaddi Team for the 2010 Asian Games, where he won his first international gold medal by defeating Iran 37-20 in the finals. He qualified for the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League in 2014 and was purchased by U Mumba in the first season of the PKL, where he stayed for four seasons.
- After qualifying for the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League in 2014, he started his professional career.
- He was drafted by U Mumba in the first PKL season and had an outstanding season, accumulating 16 tackle points in nine games.
- In his second season, he had a total of 38 tackle points and 7 Super Tackles in 13 games. He was known as the greatest defender for the season, picking up 7 Super Tackles and propelling his side to their first PKL title in the second season.
- He had a solid third season, accumulating 31 tackle points in 16 games for the second year in a row.
- In the fourth PKL season, he had a bad performance. In 14 games, he only managed to accumulate 26 tackle points.
- He was released by U Mumba in the fifth season and signed by U.P Yodha, with whom he remained until the next season. With the Yodha’s, he had a tremendous season, racking up 44 tackle points and 7 Super Tackles in 22 games, setting a new personal high in the PKL.
- Kumar had 40 tackle points and 1 Super Tackle in 19 games during his sixth season.
- He was signed by Bengal Warriors for the seventh season, scoring 39 points in 22 games while leading the team’s defense and winning the team’s first PKL title.
- For the eighth season, he was signed by Delhi Dabang.
Pro Kabaddi Stats
|Seasons Played||Matches Played||Raid Points||Super Raids||Tackle Points||Super Tackle||Total Points|
Awards and Achievements
- 2010 Asian Games – Gold.
- 2015 Pro Kabaddi League title – U Mumba.
- Highest scorer as a defender in season 7th with 39 points.
Some Lesser Known Facts
- Jeeva Kumar grew up in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, where he was born and raised.
- From 2014 to 2017, he was a four-year starter for U Mumba.
- In the 2015 Pro Kabaddi League season, he was a member of the winning side, U Mumba.
- In 2010, he was a member of the victorious Asian Games team in Guangzhou, China.
He currently resides in Kanyakumari, Tamil Nadu, India with his wife and two sons. Kumar’s net worth is around 6 crores.
Social Media Handles
This was all about Jeeva Kumar Biography. If you know anything else about him, you can mention it down in the comment box.