Joginder Singh Narwal Bio & Stats
Today’s post is on JOGINDER NARWAL Biography. An Indian left-corner defender and the seasoned captain has nearly 27 years of experience and has won numerous national and domestic awards. However, he is yet to win a PKL title. For the 8th edition of the VIVO Pro Kabaddi League, Joginder has headed Dabang Delhi’s PKL squad. Let’s quickly see other details about him.
|Name||Joginder Singh Narwal|
|Date of Birth||20/04/1982|
|Age (As in 2022)||40|
|Pro Kabaddi Debut||2015|
|Team’s Played||Delhi Dabang / U Mumba / Puneri Paltan / Bengaluru Bulls|
|Favorite Signature Move||Thigh Hold|
|Government Job||ONGC Security Officer|
|Son’s name||Vinay Narwal|
|Net Worth (2022)||5-6 crore Approximately|
Early Life and Family Background
Joginder Singh Narwal was born on April 20, 1982, in Haryana’s Gohana village, to a sports-oriented family. Kabaddi was the only sport in his village, thus he learned all the fundamentals at a young age. Joginder’s elder brother encouraged and supported him in his athletic endeavors. His village elders were blown away by his defensive abilities.
Maharshi Dayanand University is where he earned his bachelor’s degree. Joginder traveled to Sonepat from Gohana to seek a career in kabaddi for his passion for the game. He began competing in domestic tournaments and later went on to represent his district and state at national tournaments. His PKL trials selection in season 2 was aided by his defensive abilities and game knowledge.
Influences / Challenges
In his PKL career, he had seen many ups and down from getting injured and not being able to play the third season to performing very less in the 4th and 5th seasons. However, he proved his ability in the 6th season wherein he was the captain of the team and has scored an all-time high in the game.
Pro Kabaddi Career
- Bengaluru Bulls purchased Joginder in the second season of his career. He played 14 games and scored 30 tackle points in his first season.
- He was re-signed by the Bulls for the second season in a row but was unable to appear in any games due to injury.
- Puneri Paltan signed him in the fourth PKL season, and he collected 34 raid points in 16 games, including two Super Tackles.
- For the fifth season of the PKL, he was released and signed with U Mumba. He only appeared in eight games this season, getting nine raid points in total.
- He was released by U Mumba in the sixth season due to his uneven performance throughout the season. Dabang Delhi bought him for the 6th PKL season to captain the team. During the season, he appeared in 22 games and set an all-time high in tackles with 51 points, including four Super Tackles.
- Dabang kept him because of his performance and game knowledge in season 7. He had 49 raid points and 4 Super Tackles in 22 games this season.
- He was a captain and defender for Dabang Delhi in the PKL season 8 in December.
Pro Kabaddi Stats
|Seasons Played||Matches Played||Raid Points||Super Raids||Tackle Points||Super Tackle||Total Points|
Some Lesser Known Facts
- Joginder Singh Narwal grew up in Gohana.
- From Gohana, he moved to Sonipat because of his Kabaddi passion.
- He is Dabang Delhi K.C.’s best defender.
- He is Dabang Delhi K.C.’s the highest-paid defender.
- Joginder is also employed at the ONGC Limited in Haryana.
- Narwal has played season 8th with his son Vinay Narwal for the Delhi Dabang squad.
Narwal’s current net worth is around 5-6 crore and he lives with his son and other family members in Sonepat, Haryana.
Social media handles
This is all about Joginder Narwal Biography. We wish to see him and his son playing the Kabaddi game together more often. Make sure to pass on this information to whoever you feel would be interested in Narwal’s biography.